Monday, March 21, 2011

Day One

I weigh 193lbs.

There. I said it. Today we went to the gym on base. James went his way, and I mine after we walked in..I'm not sure where he went but I found a treadmill, set the elevation to 8.5, the speed to 3.0...and off I went. 30 minutes later I was sweating, decided to run a little bit..and a very little bit it was. I felt like Chris Farley doing fat guy in a little coat. But I ran about 3 minutes, then decided, "who am i kidding" and wandered around for a bit. The base gym is pretty cool..there is a room set up for classes, basketball court, various racquetball/volleyball rooms, a child playroom, and a "family circuit" room. The fc room is right across from the kid room and is set up so that mom's can bring their kids and drop them off in the play area, and then work out in the fc room. There are tons of machines in the room...it is set up like Curves gyms. I like it, and since I am embarrassed about working out in front of GI Joe and friends I decided it was the room for me. I am not sure what I am doing, I just read the machines and go from there. It's times like these I wish I had played volleyball in high school...at least I would know how to "work out". Ah well.

I should probably throw out the chocolate in the kitchen. I'm not craving any now but I know it's there...and I am too weak to not give in when the craving hits.

On a positive note, drinking water isn't so bad. I like lemonade and tea so maybe every once in awhile I can sneak that in.


This is such a boring blog. I always make fun of wives who do nothing but post pictures of food they cook or babies they have. And here I am, talking about food I can't have.

My So Called Life is on netflix now. I finished the last episode of it today...Dawsons Creek ripped off that show so much. Tomorrow I start Roswell.

My life is SO BORING.

1 comment:

  1. You will definitely be making fun of me when I post pictures of my baby everywhere in 10 years. And then you will do the same thing. ;)

    I played volleyball in high school and I don't know how to work out. What we need is the man who ran tryouts: Mr. Lynch. He made us lunge and squat and run bleachers and sprint until we all wanted to die.

    And then the people who were left at the end of the two weeks got to be on the team, and we never worked that hard again.

    ReplyDelete