We have one mirror in our home. When I look at it, I do not like what I see. About 4 years ago I wanted to change my life so I started running. I looked forward to waking up in the mornings, my complexion was nice, my clothes fit me, and I had an all around positive attitude. Due to a snowball of bad decisions that culminated in early spring of 2008, I stopped working out, began packing on the lbs, and decided to throw caution to the wind and do whatever the hell I wanted to do. This cost me valuable time, possibly a few friendships, and seriously maimed my relationship with God. I have since moved past that horrible period of my life sans one major issue....I have packed on the weight. In late 2008, I met a man who would change my life. Through a series of trial and error we figured out a way to make a long distance relationship work. Last year we got married and because of his job, I moved halfway across the country. I moved away from my wonderful family, friends, and a class of freshmen who I deeply care for. I was a single English teacher, now I am a married, unemployed housewife. I miss teaching, and I can't wait to get back to Texas again so I can find a new classroom to call my own. I do not regret marrying the love of my life, or moving to be with him. I love our life, but I know it could be better. It could be healthier...from the inside out. This blog chronicles the outside journey as well as the inside changes it brings.
Goal One: I want to lose 30lbs by May 31, 2011.
Plan: Cardio at least 30 minutes 5 days a week, no sodas, more water than I care to drink in one day, no eating after dark.
simple enough, right? I'll do this, or die trying.
The only thing I'm not sure about here is how I'll know if you reply to my comments. I thought you were going to see about getting certified in CA?
ReplyDeleteAlso, if you want some healthy but still tasty recipes, I love eatingwell.com. They also have a lot of blogs that give you nutrition information and bust myths and things. For instance, it really doesn't matter if you eat right before you go to sleep. Your body won't hoard any more calories than if you eat 5 hours before you go to sleep.
I think no soda is the obvious first step here. I can't believe how anti-soda I have become in the past year or so.
You can do this! I'm proud of you.